The data from the Russian Fertility and Mortality Database (RusFMD) are available to all users free of charge. We ask that you kindly observe the following requests and restrictions:
1. RusFMD data are not to be used for commercial purposes. The user may copy and retain data solely for scholarly, educational or research purposes.
2. In all published work and presentations, please acknowledge the RusFMD as the source of the data. When you download data, you should note the date for future reference. We suggest the following format for a bibliographic citation:
Russian Fertility and Mortality Database. Center for Demographic Research, Moscow (Russia). Available at http://demogr.nes.ru/index.php/ru/demogr_indicat/data (data downloaded on [date]).
If requirements of a publisher or other important reasons force you to choose another citation format, please make sure that this citation includes the full name of the database, name of institutional data provider, and the Internet address http://demogr.nes.ru/index.php/ru/demogr_indicat/data
4. Please do not pass your copy of these data to other users. Rather refer them to the RusFMD webpage, where they may download the data for themselves. Since these data will be updated on a regular basis (including corrections as needed), this practice helps to prevent the existence of multiple outdated or incorrect versions. It also ensures that each user has full access to information about the data, citation procedures, etc.
5. All provided data was subject of a thorough review for errors. However, we accept no liability with regard to the material available in the collection. In particular, we accept no responsibility for any harm suffered by the user as a result of using these data, even if such harm results from errors on our part. As user, we ask you kindly to inform us of any errors that you may identify, so that they can be corrected in a timely fashion.
6. We intend to update the Database regularly, yet it is not our responsibility.